Beulah Bay Campground is a beautiful recreational area located in Beulah, North Dakota, on the shores of Lake Sakakawea. This family-friendly campground offers a variety of outdoor activities and amenities for visitors to enjoy.
Here are some key features of the Beulah Bay Campground:
- Location: Situated on the eastern side of Lake Sakakawea, the campground is about 80 miles northwest of Bismarck, the capital of North Dakota.
- Camping Facilities: Beulah Bay Campground offers a mix of RV sites and tent camping sites. Many sites come with electric hookups, and there are also water and sewer hookups available at some of the RV sites. Amenities include restrooms, showers, fish cleaning station, playground, campground store, and picnic tables.
- Activities: Visitors can enjoy a variety of outdoor activities such as fishing, boating, swimming, and hiking. Lake Sakakawea is known for its excellent fishing opportunities, including species like walleye, northern pike, and smallmouth bass. There’s also a boat ramp for easy access to the lake.
- Wildlife: The area around Beulah Bay Campground is home to a diverse array of wildlife, including deer, pheasants, and various waterfowl species. Birdwatchers and nature lovers will appreciate the opportunity to observe these creatures in their natural habitats.
- Playground: The campground has a playground for children, making it a family-friendly destination.
- Nearby Attractions: Beulah Bay Campground is close to attractions like the Knife River Indian Villages National Historic Site and Hazen Bay Recreation Area, which offer additional opportunities for outdoor recreation and learning about local history.
For more information please visit the official Beulah Bay website at Beulah Parks and Rec.